Bright Lights, Belhaven Nights!
Greater Belhaven's annual summertime street festival will be held Saturday evening,
August 16, 6 - 9 pm. Save the date!
Bright Lights, Belhaven Nights already has an exciting line-up!
Musical line-up includes jazz musicians Jim Kopernak and Howard Jones, Tim Avalon & Friends, rock trio The Curves, and indie band The Weeks, who were voted Best Original Band and Best Rock Artist in Jackson Free Press’s “Best of Jackson 2008”.
Art for this year’s Bright Lights, Belhaven Nights publicity poster will be donated by Belhaven artist Vidal Blankenstein.
Sponsors include Trustmark, Baptist Health Systems, John Lewis Real Estate, and Greater Belhaven Security Association.
Now in its 4th year, the festival celebrates our neighborhood’s artists, musicians, restaurants and other merchants. On this special night, our neighborhood will shine with music, art, and good things to eat and drink!
Bright Lights, Belhaven Nights attracts about 2,000 people to our community to experience our “Small Town in a Big City”. It is held on Carlisle Street, between New Stage Theatre and the open-air parking area of English Village shopping center. Attractions and activities will include:
- Artists and artisans who live or work in Greater Belhaven or who are vendors at Greater Belhaven Market will showcase and sell a variety of art and hand-crafted goods;
- Musicians and bands with ties to Greater Belhaven will entertain with a mix of music, including folk, bluegrass, Celtic, jazz piano, indie, and folk rock;
- New Stage Theatre will provide entertainment with music or singing or may have a costume/prop show and sale;
- Children will enjoy a variety of activities, including painting a mural designed by neighborhood artists on the fence at historic English Village, one of the anchors of the festival and the site of the weekly Greater Belhaven Market;
- Greater Belhaven restaurants and vendors from the Greater Belhaven Market will provide an assortment of foods.
Admission is $3 for adults and $1 for children. Once admission is paid, all children’s activities are free!
To volunteer or for more info, contact
Mary Kay Kimble, chair, Bright Lights, Belhaven Nights, 601-352-8850 or email@example.com.
Check back often for more details about musicians, bands, sponsors, restaurants and vendors. Don’t miss Greater Belhaven’s end-of-summer party!
back to top